Our Family Guardian / Trustee Protector Program is aimed at providing ongoing legal and administrative support for persons who are serving as guardian or trustee (or agent under a durable power of attorney) for a family member or friend, at predictable monthly rates.
Membership in the Protector Program includes:
- Direct phone access to your legal support team by you or your financial advisor, accountant, insurance professional, and case manager, during set hours.
- Preparation of your annual report (or accounting) for the court or beneficiaries.
- For Guardians: Submission of guardianship report for court approval.
- For Trustees: Preparation of documents for maintaining and exercising your powers.
- 24-hour emergency access to your legal and financial documents, to ensure you and your standby guardian or successor trustees have access to important documents and information for your family member or friend.
- Reduced fees on any additional legal services associated with your duties, such as amending or terminating the trust, or making non-routine petitions to the court.
To participate in the Protector Program, you must:
- Be serving as Guardian, Trustee or Attorney-in-Fact in Skagit or Whatcom County (we hope to serve additional counties in the future, so please reach out to us if you’re located elsewhere in Washington).
- Agree to an initial 6-month commitment (after which, your contract will be monthly).
- Authorize us to withdraw automatic payments, in the appropriate amount:
- Guardian Only: $185 / mo.
- Trustee Only: $100 / mo.
- Guardian AND Trustee: $250 / mo.
- Financial Assistant Add-On: Variable
- Provide documentation of your Guardian, Trustee or Attorney-in-Fact authority.
Important: If you are guardian of a person receiving Medicaid-funded long-term care services, you will likely need to pay these fees from your monthly guardianship fee. Contact us about reduced rates for guardianship established prior to June 1, 2018.